Friday, February 4, 2011

Sad Day To Be A Ridge Racer Fan



Basically, I poked a little at Ridge Racer before but so what, the game is happy, clean arcade racing.  Okay, fine, I don't detest it.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.  You're getting a new Ridge Racer for the 3DS and that's cool.

But now, let's take Ridge Racer, driving around in the dark gritty city, plowing into other vehicles, causing monetary destruction in the millions.  Yes, according to the description, they're calling it "one of the most action-packed and destructive racing games ever seen."  It is coming out some time in 2012 for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC (first RR on PC).  FYI, this game is made by Bugbear Entertainment, the Finnish developer behind FlatOut.  Yes, lousy ass FlatOut.

HEY GUYS WHILE WE'RE AT IT, LET'S JUST RIP OFF BURNOUT AND FAST AND THE FURIOUS, THAT'LL WORK!!!

Don't just take my word for it, read here for many unpleasant comments.  If I were as crazy of a Ridge Racer fan as I was of Daytona, I would be crying in my sleep.  Seriously.


I pray...Dear God, please don't let Sega bastardize Daytona USA, OutRun, Scud Race, and so forth this badly.  Amen.


Namco is done.  Seriously.  At least Sega is making money thanks to Vanquish and pachinko machines.  I really have no idea what Namco is up to.  They are more laughable than Sega at this point.  EDIT: I still think the Ridge Racer series can rebound after this, but if this game sucks horribly (and it probably will), then Ridge Racer may have made it through it's final checkpoint...ooooh, time's up buddy.


------------

Speaking of Namco, this is way back last Fall when the Chilean miners were stuck underground.  As sort of a token of good will, Namco posted a picture of Mr. Driller congratulating the miners on a safe return.  Namco later pulled the image, saying it was "inexcuseable."  Apparently, someone complained about it.


Just funny cause Namco may be Japan's new punching bag as far as I'm concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment